Fix Crowded Teeth with Help from DentAlign NYC
Overcrowded teeth are quite a common problem. Many children and adults visit DentAlign NYC for consultations on ways to fix crowded teeth, and our Invisalign® services are an easy and affordable option for patients in New York City, NY. When teeth don’t have enough room to grow, they start to push each other out of the way, fighting for space and leading to crooked teeth. This makes many people self-conscious and unhappy with their smile. We have over 30 years of experience in dentistry and offer various dental services to help you achieve your best smile, including orthodontic options. Contact us today to learn about Invisalign® treatment for you.
What Causes Crowded Teeth?
Crowded teeth can exist in various degrees; mild, moderate, and severe. Mild crowding is when one of the front teeth in the upper or lower jaw is slightly rotated. Moderate crowding is when two or three of the upper or lower teeth overlap each other. When most of the upper and lower teeth overlap, that is referred to as severe crowding. Whether you have mild or severe crowded teeth, it can lead to dental problems, and to properly correct the problem, it helps to understand why you might have crowded teeth. The cause can usually be traced to one of these reasons:
- Teeth larger than usual and bigger than the jaw will not fit correctly and tend to turn or twist. This is usually an inherited genetic quality.
- Another genetic quality is that some people are born with small jaws. So, while teeth might not be oversized, the jaw itself isn’t large enough to adequately fit all adult teeth, leading to overcrowding.
- If you lose a primary tooth too early, other teeth can grow in and overtake the space, leaving insufficient room for the permanent tooth when it is ready to grow in.
- On the other hand, when primary teeth hold on too long, they don’t allow permanent teeth to grow correctly. Dentists should extract these baby teeth to give permanent teeth a chance to grow in, but if that doesn’t happen, the permanent teeth will cause crowding when they do eventually come in.
Crowded Teeth Can Affect More Than Just Your Smile
When dental patients look in the mirror and see crowded and crooked teeth, they most likely think about their effect on their smile. However, overcrowded teeth should be a concern beyond just cosmetic reasons. They are a source of other dental problems, including:
- Difficulty Flossing and Brushing: Crowded teeth make it difficult to floss and brush well in-between teeth. This makes it easier for tartar, plaque, and harmful bacteria to build up.
- Deep Pockets in Gums: Crowded and crooked teeth don’t fit snugly into the gums, leaving space for bacteria to get pushed up into them. This can lead to periodontitis, also known as gum disease.
- Tooth Stress: Crowded teeth often cause a poor bite. Incorrect bites lead to more stress on certain teeth in the mouth, leading to uneven wear and possible tooth fractures.
Invisalign Services for Crowded Teeth
Many adults want to improve the appearance of crooked teeth caused by teeth crowding but are too self-conscious to wear traditional braces. Clear aligners by Invisalign® offer a discreet alternative to metal braces that provide proven results. Browse our Invisalign® before and after photo gallery to see the results for yourself. While these removable aligners need to be worn about 22 hours a day, the ability to remove them while eating meals and cleaning the aligners and your teeth offer a much cleaner experience.
Get Professional Invisalign® to Fix Crowded Teeth
Crowded teeth can be from genetics or baby teeth that hung around too long, but there is a solution. DentAlign NYC offers reliable Invisalign® services to fix crowded teeth for New York City, NY patients. We are a top provider of clear aligners in New York and have earned the status as an Invisalign® Diamond Plus level provider. We offer flexible payment plans and can answer questions about Invisalign and the cost for anyone interested in straighter teeth. Contact our office to schedule a consultation to learn how we can correct your crowded teeth today!